Monday, November 23, 2009

WEEKEND RECAP: THE US VERSION




This weekend was interesting.

Friday night we went out on a usual trek to celebrate a wild friends’ birthday. By the way, is this the week of birthdays?

We went to this live music venue where a Bee Gees cover band was playing. They were all covered in glitter. When I met the band afterwards, I said they looked like vampires in the sunlight. They thought I was crazy. Maybe I am, but 80% of the female population and probably 50% of males know what I meant. We take a break and head down to the Salsa bar down the street. This becomes the gathering spot for all of our friends. While this is going on, there is a freaking shooting! I find this out later in the night and think nothing of it. As it turns out, I did know the guy who got shot and killed. It was an aquaintance not friend, but still is on my mind and my condolences go out to his family and friends.

Saturday night was amazing in all its randomness.

The UO (my permanent +1) and I went to a family party, complete with Cruncles (the uncles who get crunk and hit on all your friends). Fun times, followed by a party full of the trendiest hipsters in all the land. Like how do these guys in plaid shirts with full beards know way more about fashion then I do? Noted trends: topknots. Plaid shirts (on guys and girls), dresses, booties, belts. Glasses. Beards and mustaches of all kinds. Random tattoos. PBR. Passing around a bottle of Jim Beam. Red Lipstick.

Just a note at one point during the night, the UO says: “Ya know, the guy who was standing there in the plaid shirt with the beard.”

Me: “Yeah! I know exactly who you mean!!!”

UO: “Oh see”

Me: “No, not at all, that is every guy at this party.”

Anyway, tons of fun.

We went to to the next stop where it appeared there may have been a midget convention. The bartenders were wrecked wasted, but that’s ok too.

4 comments:

G said...

this is not normal.

Unknown said...

sounds like ya'll had a ball and that is all that matters.. although I must say the fashion statement is normal everyday wear here in my neck of the woods

The Batcave said...

Which part was not normal?

The Batcave said...

oh the Bee gees cover band right?