Friday, December 4, 2009

WHAT IS ALL OF THIS WHITE STUFF?



So mother nature has decided she hates me today. Let me just tell you that I absolutely despise temperatures below 65 degrees. Cold weather is pure torture to my soul. I would rather sweat my face off than freeze my nips off any day. You can imagine my state of mind while living in Boston for 3 years with their 9 months of cold ass, miserable temperatures. Well, moving back to Texas solved that problem.... so I thought. Forecast for today: SNOW-LOW OF 29 degrees. Seriously? Why? Go away cold front, and leave me in peace. I hate you. Texas doesn't want you here. Go back to the Northeast. Die. And why does this have to happen on a Friday? And to make matters worse, I have some major plans going down tomorrow morning involving standing in line for an hour outdoors. I know this sounds crazy, but it is the Grand Opening of the brand spanking new, 2 story Forever 21, and they are handing out gift cards to the first 200 people in line. On a positive note, the freezing temps should weed out the impostors from the true crazy people like myself. Dedication people. I took part in one of these grand openings in October and walked away with a $50 gift card and 20% my entire purchase. Well worth fighting off 300 twenty-something chicks at 10am on a Saturday morning. So, this will repeat itself come Saturday, but this time all of us crazies will be standing in 30 degree weather. Thanks Mother Nature. Now I must go to my closet and try to find some sort of outfit that will both shield me from the elements and also make me look hot. Wish me luck today blog world.

5 comments:

G said...

I give you credit. Forever 21 shoppers are the nuttiest of the nuts. good luck!

Working Mommy said...

All the best!! I can't stand cold temps either, so you are a better person than I!

~WM

The Batcave said...

i will channel out positive energy that it will all be worth it... please feel free to buy me something.

Amy said...

Ihope your ready to hear me bitch for a while.....u think u hate cold weather! But some how can't wait!! Starbucks here we come!

At least I'm skinny said...

God Bless You. Forever 21 is terrible on a quiet day.