Thursday, October 22, 2009

MY LOVE OF WINE EQUALS INFESTATION


If anyone knows anything about me, they know that I love wine.  Daily, that is.  I love any and all types of wine.  I love cheap wine, red wine, white wine, really cheap wine, and rich people wine when I can get my hands on it.  I prefer red wine, but white wine and I had a good year of bonding time while living in Boston.  This came about as a request from SH (who then was only Super Fiance).  I was drinking too much red wine and spilling it on basically a nightly basis.  The causalities were usually my clothes, our couch, and bed.  SH wasn't really down with sleeping on wine stained sheets.  So, I was forcibly limited to white wine only.  This way the couch only smelled like wine, but it was invisible.  Magic!  Since moving away from Boston, me and Mr. Red couldn't stay apart for long, so we have rekindled our flame.  SH has just accepted this life long affair.  This has now posed another problem.  GNATS.  I hate them.  They invade my space and every single wine glass and bottle that I open.  Don't get me wrong, I still drink the wine.  I just have to fish them out with a spoon before hand, which is rather time consuming, and wastes at least a table spoon of wine per glass.  This will not fly (haha).  I find these little suckers flying around like they own the place.  I tell them to find a nice neighbor with rotten fruit or something of the sort, but they will not be deterred.  This gnat situation isn't helping the fact that SH already thinks I over indulge with the grown up grape juice.  This must end!  I googled how to get rid of gnats, and one little smart ass website told me to stop drinking red wine.  NO!  You can't tell me what to do.  I discovered "vinegar traps."  Death traps!  I am supposed to fill up a jar with vinegar and poke tiny holes in the lid.  The g-nats are attracted to the vinegar and fly in the holes and can't get out.  I hope the gnats haven't become smarter from their freeloading wine tastings.   I will be delving further into these death traps tomorrow.  I will keep you posted on The Adventures of the Gnat Rebellion.  Cheers!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our society, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory decreases, the possibility of transferring our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about almost every day.

(Posted by Nintendo DS running [url=http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978023679]R4i[/url] rrPost)

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link