Friday, May 20, 2011

Welp Craigslist... get a teleporter next please.

Single Speed Road Bike - $40 (Silverlake)


Date: 2011-03-16, 4:18PM PDT
Reply to: sale-qtw5c-2269508664@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]


Not sure what year it is, but it's in amazing condition. I road it to Spaceland last night and saw this experimental Jazz, rock fusion band that blew my mind. The drummer was autistic. You've never heard of them probably but they're basically the best band out there right now.

The bike road smoothly there, then afterwards I climbed the hill up Silverlake to have a glass of wine with my friend Abrahim, who's from Egypt and we talked at length about what's going on in the middle east. The bike climbed the hill easily. I have a lot of friends from tons of different ethnicities, and I ride to each of their houses on this bike no problem.

I took a picture of the bike with this polaroid camera I bought from a thrift store near my house, but my friend Johannes thought it was a really cool picture and decided to use it in an art project he's doing in his live/work loft space downtown. Btw, it's a totally cool thrift store. Apparently they advertise on TV but I don't own a television so I've never seen their ads.

The only reason I'm selling the bike is because I'm most likely going to go back packing through south america for the next six months and I'm trying to raise money for my trip. My parents offered to pay, but I don't accept money from them except for things like rent and food, so I'm going to be roughing it. If you're interested, email me back and I'll meet you at a Pho restaurant that's in between where we live.

  • Location: Silverlake
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2269508664

0 comments: