Friday, November 6, 2009

FROM WHITE TO WAYNE

Ok as you may or may not have seen on the news, there is a Dallas cheerleader who is in a lot of trouble for dressing up in “blackface” for Halloween. She was Little Wayne and I think its hilarious. I found some pictures on www.deadspin.com and had to share. I like Edward Cullen too. I had to include both shots with him. Also the comments below are from the site, I guess people are split on whether or not its a big deal. The funniest part of all this is the pictures were pulled from her Facebook page. Hello...... have we not learned its the devil?






"I got a grill, I don't need to get my tooth fixed. The Tooth Fairy will retire if I use it." - Lil Wayne

“Besides, check it out: she's with some black people. If one black person accepts your costume by not stabbing you in the spine, you're officially not racist.” ----Deadspin.com

“If anyone is racist, it's these Oompah Loomphas in ... Mexicanface? Jalapenoface? Brownface?”--- Deadspin.com

For some of this it may look like a family reunion....

I had to look up Blackface to see what the big deal was. Here’s what wikipedia said: “Blackface was an important performance tradition in the American theater for roughly 100 years beginning around 1830. It quickly became popular overseas, particularly so in Britain, where the tradition lasted even longer than in the US, occurring on primetime TV. White blackface performers in the past used burnt cork and later greasepaint or shoe polish to blacken their skin and exaggerate their lips, often wearing woolly wigs, gloves, tailcoats, or ragged clothes to complete the transformation. Later, black artists also performed in blackface.”

1 comments:

G said...

I agree totally hilarious. Score one for the DCC.