Tuesday, October 20, 2009

An Update/Venting Session About My Cat Lady Neighbor...



If you think back about a month and a half ago, I told you about my sketch, porch sleeping neighbors moving out in the middle of the night and how the cat lady took their place....




(This is the absolute PERFECT image)

Well, this is just a quick update on the neighbor situation. She is one strange mammal. First of all, shortly after her moving in I realize that we have no hot water, due to the fact that this is an old school duplex that shares a water heater, and she had no gas turned on due to lack of payment. Awesome. I see her outside one day and she informs me that she has an outstanding balance with Texas Gas Service, and won't be able to pay. WTF. OK, it happens. I call my landlord and he takes care of the problem. He did not sound happy about the new tenant. He is an old man who is very trusting, and I think realized that he should have checked this lady out before hand. I agree. Next we start to see random items piling up in the front yard. Lots of them. Each day there is something new, for example an empty fish tank and then a children's chalk board easel. Almost like an ongoing yard sale. Awesome.


(This is basically our adjoining front yard)





I let it go, thinking that the moving process is going slow. A few days later she knocks on my door and asks if she can borrow my keys to charge her cell in my car. I go out with her to supervise. The small talk starts and she says "I have to go do some work on Friday Night Lights tonight (Friday Night Lights is a TV show they film locally)." I am thinking, cool... maybe she is some sort of production personnel. It turns out that she doesn't work and she was going to be an extra on the set. Ok, weird, but these are hard times and jobs are scarce. I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but things are just getting weirder and weirder. She also informs me that she is nocturnal and stays up all night, every night. Ok. During the following weeks she comes to our door a couple of times complaining that our TV is too loud. This was at 7:00 pm on a Saturday. Strange for a "nocturnal" human. Annoying. We had a baby living next door before you, and the baby never complained about anything. Ugh, I want the baby and the porch sleeping neighbors back. This cat lady is bothering me. Next, we find a pair of her panties in the driveway. What is going on here? Totally uncalled for. So weird. Two nights later, I guess she didn't want any of our friends parking in her parking spot, which exists for her non existent car, so she lays her bicycle down in the driveway to mark her territory I suppose. Then comes last night when SH and I are getting ready to go to bed and all we can hear is Cat Lady walking around our house calling for her cats. She then walks up and down the street calling their names. All the while, I look out of the window and spot one of her cats....hiding from her. I don't think he wants to go home. This goes on for a good 20 minutes. All I could think, was "of course we can't get some bad ass neighbors that we like. We get the cat lady." The yard is still a mess and the panties are still in the driveway. This is my life.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.